Sunday, March 21, 2010

Get Ready for the Week

I like to do as much prep work as I can on Sunday, so everything is ready to go during the week. Make the meatballs for tomorrow. Make and freeze the hamburgers. Make the Hot Dog Sauce, divide and freeze. While making the Hot Dog Sauce I realized I did not have Tomato Puree or Tomato Sauce. Using the original recipe as inspiration I created my own sauce with the ingredients I had on hand.

Gia's Hot Dog Sauce

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, diced
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon olive oil

Heat oil over medium heat add onion, saute 2 minutes. Add ground beef and garlic cook until meat is no longer pink. Add chili powder, paprika, red pepper flakes. Stir. Let spices cook for a few minutes. Add brown sugar and tomato sauce. Stir. Turn heat to low and simmer until thick.


No comments:

Post a Comment